www.fightlockdown.com

Go Back   FightLockdown.com MMA Forum > Mixed Martial Arts > Training and Nutrition
Reload this Page Five Loading Protocols that suck

Training and Nutrition Discuss training tips, techniques and share nutritional information here.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #11
Think Green
Das ‹bermensch

Regarding the 8x3-10x3 stuff though, I agree a lot with his thoughts. I'm definitely more of a fan of doing 3x3 at a higher % of my 1rm than 8x3 or 10x3 at a lower % of my 1rm.

I'm curious what loading protocols he does advocate, though. I wonder if he'll write that article next.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #12
Gallows
In GGG we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
Regarding the 8x3-10x3 stuff though, I agree a lot with his thoughts. I'm definitely more of a fan of doing 3x3 at a higher % of my 1rm than 8x3 or 10x3 at a lower % of my 1rm.

I'm curious what loading protocols he does advocate, though. I wonder if he'll write that article next.
Going through his blog is like sifting through an encyclopedia, with occasional ads for his stuff. lol.
He's a trainer, and tailors the programs to the client so it's nearly impossible to pin down what would be his ideal program for any general audience would be. But here is a list of his articles for easier finding of what you want. He's got lots of great stuff written there.

www.ericcressey.com/Articles
Gallows is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 03-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #13
bail3yz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafb View Post

You prolly have more slow twitch muscles thats why you respond to higher reps. For me, I don't grow unless I go really heavy and do 6-7 reps.
ya I was actually going to post about this.. I read about this before but wasnt sure how accurate it was
bail3yz is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #14
Gallows
In GGG we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bail3yz View Post
ya I was actually going to post about this.. I read about this before but wasnt sure how accurate it was
Here are a couple of Articles I found for determining whether you have Fast Twitch or Slow Twitch dominant muscle groups.

Essentially you find your 1RM, then do the 80 (or 85%) test. Depending on how many reps you get out you can determine if they are predominantly fast twitch, or slow twitch or a combination there of.

Last edited by Gallows; 03-13-2012 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Grammar
Gallows is offline   Share topic on Facebook!